Thursday, April 16, 2009

Death of Natasha Richardson from The Parent Trap


T.T... I have this movie. I really liked the movie "The Parent Trap" with Lindsay Lohan(Annie+Hallie) and Natasha Richardson who played their mom. I found out just recently that Natasha died on March 18, 2009 which is just last month. Sadly, she was involved in a serious injury from private skiing lessons. She died at age 45 since she fell on her head at Quebec's Mont Tremblant. Two days earlier, her husband Liam Nesson signed a contract to appear inside a movie as the star. I was sad to hear of her death just a few days ago since The Parent Trap was one of my favorite movies when I was in elementary school. My friend Clara and I watched it together at the AMC Theatres together when she saw the commercial for it. We watched it so many times that we knew all of the lines to the movie. I remember that each time we went over to each other's houses we would always act it out. I played Annie most of the time and she played Hallie. We took turns playing the other characters. "Natasha Richardson is such a nice mom," I had thought. At that time I had always wished and prayed for a Mom that would care about me and I really liked the "Mom" that Natasha was to Annie and Hallie even though it was only acting. I had also wished for a sister at that time since I'm an only child. It was only later on that I had realized that none of that was what I needed. Right now I don't really care if I ever have someone to call "Mom" anymore, and blood relations mean nothing to me. Actually, I would much prefer Dad not to ever get married again(which is most likely). I also feel relief that I'm an only child and I don't want a sister anymore. Friends are good enough. 
By the way, check out some memorable quotes+pics I found when searching for Natasha pics:
http://www.babyli0n.blogspot.com/2009/03/memorable-quotes-from-parent-trap.html
R.I.P. Natasha Richardson
:(

2 comments:

  1. hey, thanks 4 commenting at my blog =D

    It's so so so sad, right? *sigh*

    I liked Annie & Hallie's character too, and I used to wish I had a twin sister =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh You're welcome! Thanks for commenting at my blog too! &yea super sad!

    ReplyDelete